By following some simple tips, your jewellery can be preserved for generations.
- Remove your jewellery before bathing. Accumulated soap diminishes gold’s colour and lusture.
- After wearing an ornament, wipe it gently with a cotton cloth dabbed with lukewarm water.
- Avoid washing your jewellery in a wash basin. You might wash away small, loosely-set stones or parts of your ornament.
- Gently use a toothbrush or any other soft object to remove visible dirt accumulations.
- Chlorine can damage your ornaments. So remember to remove all your ornaments before going for a swim.
- Makeup, hair spray and perfumes cause dullness and loss of colour. So always wear your ornaments last.
- Keep your jewellery away from sharp objects. Also, remove them while doing physical activities or any other household chore.
- Grease is harmful to jewellery. Remove it by gently rubbing the surface with alcohol.
- Get your jewellery polished every six months. When you do, approach a jeweler you can trust.