Hon’ble Supreme Court’s order in the year 2018 – As per the orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Chanidgarh Administration has fixed the timings for bursting of fire crackers from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. only.
Previous years directions by Hon’ble Courts of India.
The Hon’ble Supreme Court has issued directions to control noise pollution arising out to bursting of firecrackers and other noise producing sources.
- For Manufactures:
- The manufacturer, sale or use of firecrackers generation noise level exceeding 125 db (AI) or 145 db (C) pK at 4 meters distance from the point of bursting shall be Prohibited.
- For individual firecrackers constituting the series (joined fire-crackers), the above mentioned limit would be reduced by 5 log 10 (N) dB, where N-number of crackers joined together.
- Every Manufacturer shall on the box of each fire-cracker mention details of its chemical contents and that it satisfies the requirement as laid down by Department of Explosive. In case of a failure on the part of manufacturer to mention the details or in cases where the contents of the box do not match the chemical formulae as stated on the box, the manufacturer may be held liable.
- There shall be a complete ban on bursting sound emitting firecrackers between 10.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m.
- The crackers shall not be used at any time in Silence Zones as defined by the Ministry of Environment & Forest. Silence Zone has been defnied as:
“Silence Zone is an area comprising not less than, 100 meters around Hospitals, Education Institutions, Courts, Religious Places or any other area which is declared as such by the Competent Authority”.
- The noise level at the boundary of the public place, where loudspeakers or public address system or any other source is being used shall not exceed 10 dB(A) above the ambient noise standards for the area or 75 dB (A) which is lower.
- No one shall beat a drum or tom-tom or blow a trumpet or beat or sound any instrument or use any sound amplifier at night (between 10.00 pm and 6.00 am) expect in public emergencies.
- The peripheral noise level of privately owned sound system should not exceed by more than 5 dB (A) than the ambient air quality standard specified for the area in which it is used, at the boundary of the private place.
- No horns shall be allowed to be used at night (between 10.00 pm and 6.00 am) in residential area except in exceptional circumstances.
After the orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court various State Administration has formed committes and issued orders along with the above mentioned decision:
- The Education Resource Centers as well as the Management/Principals if school in the State shall take appropriate steps to educate students about the il-Effects of air & noise pollution and apprise them of the above directions. The Committees, further requests the general public to take the following precautions:
- Always light firecrackers in an open ground.
- Keep a safe distance and don’t bend over the fire crackers while lighting them.
- Always ensure the presence of elders.
- Never wear loose or synthetic clothes.
- Wear proper footwear.
- Make sure you buy firecrackers from Government approved shops only.
- As far as possible avoid bursting crackers, which cause a lot of noise and environment pollution.
Do you think any of the Government in India has taken this seriously?