Mobile Phone Etiquette
Instructions issued by the Ministry of Communications and IT:
- The mobile phone user should strictly adhere to the rules/regulations/orders/instructions as issued from time to time by the government/authorities in schools, colleges, offices etc.
- In public places, the mobile phone should be kept in ‘switched off’, ‘vibration’ or ‘silent’ mode, as per the instructions on sign boards displayed by the authorities in hospitals, airplanes, trains, buses, places of worship, cremation/burial grounds, auditoria, cinema halls etc.
- Mobile phone should not be used while driving.
- In public places the mobile user should be considerate to people sitting or standing near him/her. He/she should move away from people so that they are not forced to listen to his/her personal/business conversation.
- Mobile phone should not be used to capture photographs of individuals with their knowledge and consent. It should not be used to take photographs in public places-deemed private like swimming pools, gyms etc. Privacy of persons around that user of the camera phone should always be respected.
- Ring-tones should be set to low levels and should not be annoying to the people around.
- The mobile phone user should not send requests to television operators for scrolling their private SMSes on the screens of televisions.