Timely detection is the key to control. Awareness is the solution.
Signs of Cancer
- Continuous Cough and Heaviness in Voice.
- Heavy Excessive bleeding during menstrual period and bleeding apart from menstrual period.
- Non-healing ulcers in the mouth.
- Lump in Breast
Prevention of Cancer
- Take healthy food.
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- In case of any unwanted growth or swelling in any part of the body, consult a doctor immediately.
- Consult a doctor in case any change in pattern of menstrual period.
- Stop consumption of tobacco in any form.
Cancer Screening & Early Detection
Community based Screening for Common Cancer is being done at sub-centres through
- VIA: Visual Inspection with Acetic Acid.
- CBE: Clinical Breast Examination.
- OVE: Oral Visual Examination.
- HPV: HPV vaccine has been introduced for the prevention of cervical cancer for the girls of 11-13 years of age group.
- FAPHC: Free Annual Preventive Health Check-up
Regular test for HB, BP, Blood Sugar, Blood Urea, Serum Creatinine, SGOT, SGPT, Cholesterol etc. should be clinically diagnosed regularly, apart from screening for cervical, breast & oral cancer.